- Most of the nuclear fuel fall down: Fukushima Daiichi reactor. (Asahi.com 2011-11-30)
http://www.asahi.com/national/update/1130/TKY201111300697.html
According to the simulation, the fuel melted the bottom concrete 65cm , but we still have 37cm remains. -
Tough challenge to dismantle the reactor (NHK Fukushima Daiichi Reactor news 2011-12-01)
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/genpatsu-fukushima/20111201/0705_hairo.html
According to TEPCO's simulation, the concrete wall may remain 37cm. - News Video: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmojmy_yyyy-yyyyyyyyy_news
- NHK Science and Culture: 37cm remains http://www9.nhk.or.jp/kabun-blog/600/102712.html
If eigenvectors of a matrix A are independent, it is a happy property. Because the matrix A can be diagonalized with a matrix S that column vectors are eigenvectors of A . For example, Why this is a happy property of A? Because I can find A's power easily. A^{10} is not a big deal. Because Λ is a diagonal matrix and power of a diagonal matrix is quite simple. A^{10} = SΛ^{10} S^{-1} Then, why if I want to compute power of A ? That is the same reason to find eigenvectors. Eigenvectors are a basis of a matrix. A matrix can be represented by a single scalar. I repeat this again. This is the happy point, a matrix becomes a scalar. What can be simpler than a scalar value. But, this is only possible when the matrix S's columns are independent. Because S^{-1} must be exist. Now I come back to my first question. Is the λ's multiplicity related with the number of eigenvectors? This time I found this has the name. Geometric multiplicity (GM): the number of in...

Comments