Today I found a way to remove this limitation. I saw the next video:
The video creator said, we can disable the limit for most of the Sony's camera. I only tested Sony Alpha 5000.
- Switch on the camera
- Menu -- Setup --- USB connection, set connection to MTP
- Switch off and on the camera
- Connect to a computer with USB cable (keep connecting)
Software download and install (I checked this on Windows 10)
- Visit https://sony-pmca.appspot.com/apps with Internet Explorer and Safari (Chrome didn't work, I checked this on Windows 10 with Internet Explore 11)
Note: This site is from Sony, but the software is not from Sony, so no guarantee. you should use this your own risk. I can not take any responsibility.
- From the above URL, you can go to OpenMemories page
- Download PMCADownloader plugin (PMCADownloader.msi) in the page
- Install PMCADownloader
I once closed the page and open a page with https://sony-pmca.appspot.com/apps and went to OpenMemories again
- Now You see in the log
- Loading plugin
- Plugin loaded
If you have not installed PMCADownloader yet, you don't see the ``Plugin loaded'' line. It might be better to restart your browser after installed the PMCADownloader.
- Push ``Get camera info'' to test the plugin is working. If it is working, you will see your camera information in a several seconds.
- Push ``Install OpenMeories: Tweak'' to install the tweak application to the camera
- Menu -- Application -- Application list, you see OpenMemories: Tweak installed
- Select OpenMemories: Tweak
- Select the video tab, check the ``Disable video recording limit''
I tested to record, but around one hour, it shut down with a message like ``internal temperature is too high and cool down''. Still this error message actually helps me. Because the normal mode silently shutdown and I could not notice it.